Thursday, October 29, 2009

Where do I want to go today?

Let's see. Sense of humor, check! Smart, check! Over all nice guy, check! Easy on the eyes...errr three out of four ain't bad! So whats the problem then? Why can't I get going? You see, its been several months since my last relationship and I can't seem to move on. Its like dying and being stuck in limbo. I think the last one left a bitter taste in my mouth and now I don't ever want to eat again. Thanks for the buffet but I think I'll just drink some water and be on my way, you know what I mean? I think I have reached the point where it all seems pointless. Like why bother meeting someone new, getting to know them, falling in love, having arguments about who said it first, when at the end of the day, its gonna come back and bite you in the ass like a one of Michael Vick's pit bulls. And please don't think for one minute that I'm seeking pity or sympathy cause I'm not. I am solely responsible for the position I now find myself in. Long live love, what a bunch of bullshit! Its like the Matrix, As long as your in it everything seems fine, but once you get out, you realize what a sham it really is. Like Hov said "You know how this movie ends but still you play the starring role". And no I'm not anti-love, I'm not mad because once again love has proven itself to be a farce nor am I upset over being a sucker for the hundredth time! I have come to accept the realities of this anomaly we call love. It has its place in the world I suppose but then again so does dog shit!
So here I am, on the cusps of taking another leap of faith (aka being a sucker again) only I can't decide on where I want to go today. My bags are packed and I got my ticket and passport. There are a few destinations to choose from but none stands out above the other. Maybe if I lists them with there pros and cons I can make a better informed decision, here goes;

Destination 1 - The place I just came from
Sure it may seem like being a glutton for pain considering how I got thrown out the last time but at least I know what the rules are this time around. No need for road maps or a tour guide, since the layout of the place is still fresh in my mind so I won't have a problem getting lost. Problem is, I think getting back into the place is going to be hard. There were a few persons that didn't like and so did everything within their powers to get me kicked out. Eventually it worked, which is how I ended up where I am now. Truth be told I was really in love with the place, it changed my life.

Destination 2 - The place I left a few years ago
Again, somewhere familiar, although I think a lot has changed in the few years since I've been gone. That was the first place I fell in love with. A lot of my firsts took place there as a matter of fact and to this very day I still miss it. To tell you the truth I never thought I leave but true to form love proved that nothing lasts forever. Contrary to what you might have heard, I left of my own free will. I couldn't take the rules there. They weren't open to other peoples' ideas. They portray a democracy but behind closed doors its a dictatorship. All and all I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to go back...even if it was just for a short visit!

Destination 3 - Where I am right now
Have you ever seen a screen saver on someone's computer and thought "Oh wow! I wish I was there right now"? Thats where I am right now but please don't be fool, paradise this is not! Sure the brochures are beautiful and in the publics opinion, its one of the more sort after places but trust me, being here is nothing like the brochure! Now I must admit that it is beautiful and the "extra curricular activities" are second to none but I'm more of a substance over style type of person. I mean after all, sand is sand! Now you may ask if its such a bad place then why am I still here. Good question! I was on one of those connecting flights, only my connecting flight ended up getting stuck here. Beautiful place to get stuck in I know but looks, like love, can be deceiving!

Destination 4 - Everywhere else
Now this comprise of several "optional" places that all have something going for them. But for some unknown reason, I can't see myself going to none of them. Some of it has to do with the fact that they do a poor job marketing themselves. I mean seriously, who wants to go to a place that everyone else has been to already...and in some cases several times! Other places are either too cold, too far or are simply too much. Look, I've been around the world a few times (pun intended) I know whats out there, convince me that you are worth the journey.

So there it is. Hopefully I can get some positive feedback and make a good decision. If not, I can always depend on Cupid to come along and do what he does best.....

No comments:

Powered By Blogger